WOMEN IN STEM’S
ANNUAL WeSolve CASE COMPETITION
JOIN US FOR A BEGINNER LEVEL STEM-BASED COMPETITION OPEN TO STUDENTS IN ALL FACULTIES – NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
SAVE THE DATE: MARCH 16TH 9AM-5PM @ UCC COMMUNITY ROOM
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
The WeSolve Case Competition is a full-day case competition that offers a unique learning experience, consisting of a keynote speaker, workshops led by industry professionals, and a live case competition with several prizes.
This is a chance for you to:
- Build real-world problem-solving skills you can apply to internships, future jobs, hackathons etc.
- Engage in unique workshops teaching you HOW to problem-solve
- Add this experience and skills learned to your resume
- Practice your presentation skills in front of judging panels of profs and industry professionals
- Network with female leaders currently working at innovative STEM companies
- Meet other like-minded women in STEM at UWO
Compete to win prizes ($500 grand prize to winning group!
! TIPS !
- Start off your brainstorming by addressing what the problems presented in the case are. What are areas that could be improved? Are there inefficiencies, lack of communication, etc? Form your solutions addressing these problem areas.
- Topics to address: identification of key issues (include a problem statement!), stakeholders, objective/goals, solution/recommendation, implementation plan (including timeline)
- You can utilize different models to approach the problem/solution (SWOT, PEST, etc.) if relevant
Make sure to follow our Instagram page for more case details and speaker reveals to come!
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
Female leader in STEM keynote speaker (revealed on IG soon!)
These will preparing you to tackle the case
Introduction to the case
The case, judges and rubrics will be revealed
Time to work on the case
Showing your solutions to the judges
Awards and Closing
Judges announce winners and give away prizes
Networking with leaders in STEM from multiple companies, UWO research labs and more!